There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sweet lemonade

It's late, but I feel compelled to point out that today's scheduled trip worked magnificently. The route I tested yesterday -- No. 82 to American River College, No. 1 to Watt/I-80 and downtown on light rail -- worked perfectly. The No. 1 bus even made it to the light rail station with plenty of time for the connection with the train.

I arrived at Cathral Square 40 minutes before my appointment, as expected. I then had plenty of time to go to the wrong high-rise and get redirected to the correct high-rise and then arrive at my appointment with time to spare.

Then, when I was done, it was even easier to catch a bus on J Street back to Sac State and then home on the No. 82 bus.

Transit may not work for everyone in Sacramento, especially for those living in the suburbs of Carmichael and Citrus Heights, but when everything clicks like it did today, it's just sweet.

No comments: