There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Friday, May 11, 2007

The day after that

If you haven't read about the karma payback day yesterday, read that first, and then return to this post.


It's 11 p.m., long after a long day of work, long after a mind-numbing Sci-Fi channel binge. I'm tired and need some sleep.

But after yesterday's fall-down-crazy commute, I must write about today's commute.

Nothing happened.

Absolutely uneventful.

I left a half-hour later than yesterday, which put me on the 82 bus that leaves American River College at 8:34 a.m. This bus has a great driver, and it doesn't get the crowds that the earlier bus must accommodate.

The bus arrived at Sac State on schedule. The 30 bus to downtown arrived and departed on schedule. I arrived at 22nd and L streets on schedule. Well, OK, technically the bus was one minute late. But I didn't trip and fall leaving the bus. I enjoyed my coffee on the walk to 21st and Q streets. It was enough to restore my transitarian faith.

Boring is good. It's relaxing. It's stress-free.

No comments: