There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

How long will it take to train a singer?

How long will it take to train a singer? It's a question that hadn't occurred to me, but according to my visitor log, that was exactly what someone in Toronto who subscribes to Bell Canada's DSL service asked Google.

Much to my surprise, it appears that RT Rider, the preeminent authority of transitarian thought, is the No. 2 place to find the answer. Wow!


Of course I do know something about how long it will take on the train for a rap singer to provoke open revolt among passengers. See here and, to a lesser degree, here. And, once this post has been indexed by Google, I may endear myself to even more wayward Googlers who wish to know how long it will take to train a singer.

This reminds of Richard Brautigan's Trout Fishing in America, which was often mistaken for a book about Trout Fishing in America. I think I'll make that my next book to read after I finish "The Crisis of the Old Order / The Age of Roosevelt, 1919-1933" by Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.