There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Second Saturday on the train (continued)

For the second month, the wife and I drove to the Watt/I-80 light rail station and boarded the train at the Roseville Road station to go to Second Saturday festivities in midtown Sacramento.

Yes, it would be better if Sacramento Regional Transit ran its buses late enough to allow us to leave the car at home, but riding the train is certainly far better than trying to find a parking space. (And it gives me an excuse to blog about the trip.)

The wife and I walked from the 8th and I light rail station to J Street and then spent the evening walking the length of J Street with the occasional detour or two to K and I.

We had a wonderful dinner at Chicago Fire. The thin crust "traditional" pizza was great. The Greek fries and the baked artichoke appetizers were excellent.

Second Saturday may officially be an art walk -- and we do enjoy the galleries -- but what's really great are the bands. We particularly enjoyed these two:



Project Hideout



XMR, the Xavier Altimiras Blues Band

I'm taking these videos with a Nikon Coolpix camera. The sound sucks. Both bands deserve better.

No comments: