There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Monday, October 15, 2007

Alternative transportation options

OK. So I pick on the people who can't imagine riding transit because they would have to associate with "those people." It's not like I can't imagine myself riding something besides Sacramento Regional Transit buses and light rail.

On Sunday, I was at my brother's house in Palo Alto.



My brother rides his Segway to work, about a three-mile drive, and has to put up with shouts from the rabble of "Get a bike!"

Until the price of Segways drops well below the current $5,000 you won't be seeing me cruising around Sacramento. But if the Segways ever do become common on city streets we'll have a real problem on our hands: SEGWAY RACING!

No comments: