There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

When the stars align

And then you have a morning commute that's made in heaven and all of the bitter memories from the day before are washed away.

OK. Maybe not all. But I can't complain. Even the weather cooperated. The drizzle that had created me when I walked by dog at 6:30 a.m. was gone at 8:36 a.m. as I waited for the bus.

The bus was right on time and the trip to the 65th Street station was completely unremarkable.

That is, unremarkable until I walked off the bus and found the downtown train in the distance headed for the station. I didn't have to break stride. I walked right on the train from the bus. Didn't even have time for my wait-for-train coffee break.

Ah, that was just soooo relaxing.

No comments: