There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Monday, December 8, 2008

Documenting RT's customer service

I wasn't able to get to the Sacramento Regional Transit board meeting tonight, but I was able to get an electronic copy of General Manager Mike Wiley's reports to the board. I consider that a success.

This morning I sent an email to customer service at cad@sacrt.com asking for an electronic version (PDF, Word -- whatever) of the general manager's report to the board and a PDF copy of the PowerPoint slideshow presented at the meeting.

The customer service rep forwarded my email to the "Reception Desk," the same place Wiley said I had to go during the online chat Friday.

I wasn't holding my breath as I waited so you can imagine my surprise when I received an email a little after noon from Cindy Brooks, clerk to the board and document coordinator for Sacramento Regional Transit. Attached was everything I had requested.

"If you need anything further, please feel free to contact me," Brooks wrote.

Really? So I asked, "Is it OK if I let others know that they can contact you for these documents? If not, is there an address I can offer to others?"

To which Brooks replied:

Yes, it is ok to give them my e-mail address. In fact, the bottom of the agenda tells people that they can contact the"Clerk to the Board" which is me, to get copies of documents from the agenda.

Our receptionist at the front desk has a complete agenda package for patrons to view, but unfortunately does not have the capability to make copies for anyone. If requests are made through her, she will forward them on to me for processing. Our receptionist does have the ability to give out copies of the agenda.

Ultimately our goal (hopefully sometime in the latter part of next year) is to get the agenda and all agenda reports/materials up on the website, so that patrons can download the information when it is available.
Well, it would be nice if I didn't have to ask, but this works. Brooks address is CBROOKS@sacrt.com.

Below is the Key Performance Report from the meeting. There's plenty of "good" news here. Still, it would be nice to know whether Roger Dickinson again raises the question of whether the RT really needs the fare increase that takes effect in January.

Dec. 8, 2008, Sacramento RT Key Performance Report

No comments: