There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Monday, January 28, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Change of jobs; change of looks. Why not? Actually the change of jobs is mostly on the organization chart, but it does end my fledgling writing career.

In honor of the change, I whacked off my beard. Boy was that a shock. I haven't seen my upper lip since 1971, when I entered Navy boot camp. It was simply shocking to realize how much I look like my father. How'd that happen?

Since I have a kid who wants to be an artist I commissioned a new caricature of myself to use on this blog. Here's what he came up with.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
(turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
(turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I cant trace time
Meanwhile in the blogosphere, there's an interesting post about Sacramento Regional Transit's contract negotiating strategy. Read it here.

No comments: