There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Those old news priorities

With The Bee still unable to find space for a story about Sacramento Regional Transit ending free fares for some disabled riders and hiking fares for everyone else, it's nice to see The Bee can still afford to be its movie reviewer to travel on Amtrak and BART to gather that important movie news that sells all of those newspapers.

I'm in San Francisco at Rail-Volution and Carla Meyer rode along on Amtrak and then boarded BART at Richmond. I left her on BART when I got off at Embarcadero to go to the Hyatt Regency.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

On the bus this a.m., I read the Rail-Volution program brochure that I'd printed out after reading your post. Not sure if Thursday's "Capital Corridor/Sacramento event was covered in The Bee, because I'm late with reading today's paper. The program blurb said the "Railyards Redevelopment" would be a focal point and "to join city of Sacramento officials and other partners to learn about this exciting redevelopment project in downtown." Do you know how it turned out, and was Sacramentans in attendance at the SF conference?

Unknown said...

I wish I had been able to attend, but I was at the UCDMC Cancer Center with the wife Thursday. Sorry, to say, I don't know how well the Railyards seminar was attended and, alas, don't expect ever to see anything in The Bee. Maybe I can find out. If I do, I'll post something here.