There is a certain happiness sighted when your bus comes along. It is of course a small specialized form of happiness and will never be a great thing.

-Richard Brautigan, The Old Bus

Thursday, June 7, 2007

More ins and no outs

Too cool. Well, really cool in a transitarian way.

I needed to get from 21st and Q Street to Eastern and El Camino in Carmichael at 6:30 p.m. Even though I had such good luck earlier this week, I was still a doubting Thomas. After all, no good deed goes unpunished. At least, not for long. In fact, I'm still afraid that saying nice things about Regional Transit's scheduling will cause a major disruption in the force or perhaps prompt another karma payback day.

So I will whisper this: Regional Transit had a schedule that got me from my door at 21st and Q and dropped me off at my destination at the graduation ceremonies at El Camino High School at 6:23 p.m.

The No. 38 bus is scheduled to stop at 21st and Q at 5:14 p.m. I was out there at 5:05. I will admit to fretting until the bus finally arrived at 5:19.

I got off the No. 38 bus at T and 30th and walked over to 30th and T (took me a few moments to figure that out) and waited for the No. 68 bus, which was scheduled to stop on its way to Arden Faire Mall at 5:33 p.m.

Boarded the No. 68 bus at 5:36 p.m. and got off at the mall bus stop at 5:54 p.m. to wait for the No. 23 bus, which would take me to El Camino High School.

There was a little more fretting when I watched a No. 23 bus pass by the stop and continue on Arden Way, but at 6:06 the No. 23 pulled into the mall station and I was on my way.

Now, when things worked so perfectly earlier this week I suggested it was just a coincidence. But if I'm going to have this much good luck, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket, too.

No comments: